M25 AND M20 MOTORWAYS AND A282 TRUNK ROAD (KENT) TEMPORARYTRAFFIC RESTRICTIONSNotice ID: MF0242934
M25 AND M20 MOTORWAYS AND A282 TRUNK ROAD (KENT) TEMPORARY TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS
Notice is hereby given that Highways England Company Limited intends to make an Order on the M25 and M20 Motorways and A282 Trunk Road, in the County of Kent, under Section 14(1)(a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 because works areproposed to be executed on the road. The effect of the Order would be, in alternate phases, to authorise the overnight closure of:
1.the slip road leading to the anti-clockwise carriageway of the A282 at Junction 1B (A225/A296);
2. the slip road leading to the anti-clockwise carriageway of the A282 at M25 Junction 2 (A282/A2);
3. the slip road connecting to the anti-clockwise carriageway of the A282 from the London-bound carriageway of the A2 trunk road at M25 Junction 2(A282/A2);
4. the anti-clockwise carriageway of the M25 and A282 between the exit slip road at Junction 2(A2) and the entry slip road at Junction 1A (A206);
5. the slip road leading from the London-bound link road of the M20, to the roundabout at Junction 1(A20/M25);
6. the clockwise carriageway of the M25 between the exit slip road and the entry slip road at Junction 3(M20); and
7. the link road connecting the London-bound carriageway of the M20 to the anti-clockwise carriageway of the M25 at Junction 1(A20/M25).
These measures would be in the interests of road safety while contractors undertake carriageway works, bridge maintenance, carriageway and structural inspections, maintenance and all associated works.
It is expected that the work would last for approximately 9 weeks starting on or after Monday 13th November 2017. The overnight closures would take place as follows: (maximum period) 22:00 and 05:30 on Monday - Thursday nights, 23:00 and 06:00 on Friday nights, 22:00 and 06:00 on Saturday nights, and 22:30 and 05:30 on Sunday nights. The Order would come into force on 11 November 2017 and have a maximum duration of eighteen months. Traffic affected by the closures would be diverted
using the M20, A2, A20, A206, A282 and B255. The diversion route would vary depending on the closure in place. The temporary closures and diversion routes would be clearly indicated by traffic signs when they areinoperation during the works period.
MTaylor, an Official of Highways England Co Ltd. Ref: HE/SE/2017/M25/191 Highways England Company Limited, (Company No. 9346363). Registered Office: Bridge House, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, Surrey,GU1 4LZ. Acompany registered in England and Wales. For enquiries, please contact the Customer Contact Centre on 0300 123 5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org. http://www.highways.gov.uk