ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)(a)Notice ID: MF0199694
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)(a)
THE M40 MOTORWAY (JUNCTIONS 1 - 5) AND THE A40 TRUNK ROAD
(TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 201_
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Highways England Company Limited (a) intends to make an Order on the M40 Motorway and A40 Trunk Road in the Districts of South Buckinghamshire and Wycombe in the County of Buckinghamshire and the District of South Oxfordshire in the County of Oxfordshire. This is to enable annual routine maintenance and inspection works to all the slip roads and several lengths of carriageway, between Junctions 1 and 5, to be carried out in safety.
The works are expected to take place overnight (8pm - 7am; continuing to 8am on Saturday and Sunday mornings) between Wednesday 1 March 2017 and Thursday 1 June 2017. The prohibitions would be applied only to the extent that is necessary for particular works to be undertaken and would only apply during such times and to such extent as would be indicated by traffic signs.
The effect of the Order would be to close the-M40-
1. northbound entry and southbound exit slip roads at J1,
2. northbound and southbound entry slip roads at J1a from the clockwise carriageway of the M25 at J16, and the southbound exit slip road at J1a to both the clockwise and anti-clockwise carriageways of the M25 at J16,
3. northbound and southbound entry slip roads at J1a from the anti-clockwise carriageway of the M25 at J16, and the northbound exit slip road at J1a to both the clockwise and anti-clockwise carriageways of the M25 at J16,
4. northbound exit and southbound entry slip roads at J3,
5. northbound and southbound entry and exit slip roads at J2, J4 and J5 including the dedicated northbound entry slip road from the A404 at J4,
6. northbound carriageway between the exit and entry slip roads at J1,
7. southbound carriageway between the exit and entry slip roads at J1a,
8. northbound carriageway between the exit slip road at J2 and entry slip road at J4, and
9. southbound carriageway between the exit and entry slip roads at J4,
1. Denham Roundabout between its junctions with the M40 Junction 1 northbound entry and southbound exit slip roads on the western side of the roundabout, and
2. Denham Roundabout between its junctions with the M40 Junction 1 southbound entry and northbound exit slip roads on the eastern side of the roundabout.
When closures on the A40 Denham Roundabout are in place traffic would be diverted via the nearest roundabout and continue via the opposite carriageway in order to continue their journey. When a slip road is closed traffic wishing to enter or leave the M40 would be diverted on or off the motorway at the nearest open slip road and return to the original junction via the opposite carriageway in order to continue their journey, and for carriageway closures traffic would be diverted off and back onto the motorway via the exit and entry slip roads. The closures (which would not apply to works, winter maintenance, emergency service, traffic officer or works vehicles) and diversion routes would be clearly signed throughout the works.
The Order would come into force on 27 February 2017 and continue in force until 1 June 2017.
Mrs Y A Tomkins, Highways England Company Limited. (a) Registered in England and Wales under company no. 9346363. Registered Office: Bridge House, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4LZ. General Enquiries relating to this notice may be made in writing to Annette Hodgman at Highways England Company Limited, Woodlands, Manton Lane, Bedford, MK41 7LW; email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 0300 470 4865.