Kitchen fire in Redhill

Reigate firefighters were joined by colleagues from Horley tackling a kitchen fire in Redhill.

A Surrey Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the fire in Tymperley Gardens started at about 2pm on Tuesday (April 8), after cooking had been left unattended and the occupants had left the property.

On alarms sounding, a neighbour called the fire brigade, and the crews arrived to find smoke pouring outside, but no way to get into the home.

The firefighters managed to force an entry through a small window, and used a fire blanket to put out the flames, and then ventilated the property.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree